manisa escort afyon escort samsun escort kayseri escort gaziantep escort escort van escort balikesir escort kibris escort bursa escort mersin

Publications

The Municipal Museum of Subotica was founded in 1948 during the period of post-war development and enthusiasm. The publishing activities of the Museum also date back to this period: though initially modest in their scale, they were a very important reflection of the work and creative efforts of the museum workers who aspired to preserve records of the past and cultural history of the homeland from the oblivion.

The collection of museum publications today includes over 100 catalogues, monographs, guides and the Museion yearbook. All editions of the City Museum are published simultaneously in Serbian, Croatian and Hungarian languages. Some items are reduced to a modest catalogue of two pages, while the thematic catalogues and monographs on the various areas of museum activities are both highly professional as well as rich in content.

In Subotica the first exhibition catalogue was published in 1949 with regard to the exhibition of the following artists: Đorđe Bošan, Mihajlo Dejanović, András Hangya, Sándor Iványos, Stevan Jenovac, Sándor Oláh, Gábor Almási and Ana Bešlić. It consists of four pages without any illustrations. Recent catalogues are richly illustrated and are the result of comprehensive research in certain areas the museum deals with.

The oldest monograph was published in 1958 under the title Strike at the Fako factory. Zoltán Dévavári arranged and prepared the material for the publication. Monographic publications are rare treasures, because they require greater financial resources they only appeared occasionally (in 1966 on the labour movement in Subotica; in 1973 on the artistic activity of Hungarians in Vojvodina between 1830 and 1930; in 1983 on the works of Ana Bešlić and others).

The first and the only Museum Guide appeared in 1972. It was written by the curators and the director of the Municipal Museum. It dealt with the permanent collection of the Museum that has been located in the Town Hall since 1967. Much more modest is the guide to the modern permanent exhibition of the Museum, published in 1991 on 6 pages (one folded sheet).

Despite the fact that there has always been a need for a professional periodical publication that would present the results of professional research done by managers of individual collections: archaeological, ethnological, historical, art history, nature, as well as the conservationist workshop and the library, the yearbook of the Municipal Museum of Subotica called Museion first appeared in 2001. This professional journal is published simultaneously in Serbian, Croatian and Hungarian languages and is registered under the professional number of ISSN – 1451-1274. In the previous issues of the Museion (issues 1, 2, 8) a complete bibliography of publications between 1948 and 2008 of the Municipal Museum of Subotica was published.

Publishing is a very important aspect of the overall work of the Municipal Museum for it provides access to the richness and diversity of museum collections to visitors, citizens, and those interested in the cultural, historical and artistic values of Subotica and its surroundings.

porno turk porno turk
sikis sikis izle